Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Abuse Continues - My excuses


As I said in earlier posts…my ex was good at hiding my bruises – most of the time. There was a time when I was working at a bank. It was another day, another fight. This time when he hit me, he got me twice in the face.  I had a bruise just below my eye and on my jaw. They weren’t huge bruises and I didn’t look like I had a black eye. These were easy to pass off as an accident.

My good friend Lisa didn’t ask me for most of the day. It was sometime just before lunch when she finally asked me what happened. I had a great excuse. I told her my baby daughter hit me with the remote. She was 18 months at the time so it was believable. I just wish Lisa knew the signs of abuse. She’d lived in a functional family life and a fairy tale marriage. Looking back I think she couldn’t fathom someone being abused. That’s not to say it’s her fault. She’d always been a great friend. The blame here lies only with one person – my ex.

Tomorrow I’ll talk about how the emotional abuse came from not only my ex, but his mother too.

No comments:

Post a Comment