Friday, March 22, 2013

Procrastination


It’s my middle name.

Sure I’ve met every deadline every assigned to me, but procrastination is in my blood. My family will tell you, my motto is: Why do today what you can put off 'til tomorrow.

You know the deal. You have an article to write and suddenly the laundry looks more appealing or the sink full of dishes. Oh and don’t forget the closet needs to be cleaned out for spring. Whatever the excuse, I normally find it.

Lately I’ve been doing better. I’m getting things accomplished. This week I’m recuperating from surgery I had on Tuesday. I had plans. I had a to-do list while bed ridden. I haven’t done any of it. Though, I’ve done something better this time. I’m doing what the doctor’s told me to. I’m not procrastinating.

Instead of working, I’m sleeping, reading, and watching some horrible television. I have no deadlines right now, so that helps.  

How do you deal with procrastination?

No comments:

Post a Comment