Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Just Do It!


Every year I like to participate in Nano, National Writing Month. You basically write a book in one month. I’ve done it five years in a row and each year I wrote a book over 50k. This year I had high hopes. It didn’t work out.

My dreaded day job has left me unable to do much writing this month. I’m making myself write at least 100 words a day though. I’ve managed to finish a Chicken Soup story and a query. I started another Chicken Soup story and a synopsis for a book.

It doesn’t seem like much, but for someone who is battling for time; it’s huge.

Every little bit helps. Small amounts add up and soon you’ll look back and realize those little hurdles added up to a short story, query, synopsis or even a book!

Just do it! That’s my motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment