Thursday, June 6, 2013

Conversations...


I’ve had a few. Life had dealt our family a little more than we can handle lately, but in all the dark I’ve come realize how wonderful it is to have friends in this business.

One came from an editor her comment: You’re one of my favorite writers.  *blushes* It’s nice to be appreciated.

Another was with a friend. Her daughter has an eccentric art teacher. She was telling me how the teacher names all her paint brushes, holds funerals for them when they break and if you hold them under water too long she’ll say: gulp, gulp, gulp…I’m drowning.

This conversation gave me a chuckle in a time I really needed one.

Another friend created a banner for a new release for my alter ego. I wasn’t expecting it, so it was a wonderful surprise.

Writers understand how lonely this business can be and how we might need a shoulder at times. So thanks to those who’ve brightened my dark days.

No comments:

Post a Comment