Thursday, May 9, 2013

Distractions


Ding. Ding. Ding. You know the familiar sound. New email. A text message. All distractions.

In this social media era, there are too many reasons not to write.

I’ll just check email quick.

If I only surf Facebook for five minutes, I’ll recharge my brain.

I should text my mom and see how she’s doing.

These are all the excuses I use when I’m struggling to get words on paper. Sometimes it works. I give myself a goal. After 500 words I can see what’s new in my inbox.

 Read some blogs after 100 words.

Not all days are full of distractions. Some days I can sit with my laptop and the words flow. Those are the days I enjoy. Once I’m done with whatever project I’m working on, I can spend time online or reading. :o)

After all I’ve earned it.

How do you keep the distractions at bay?

No comments:

Post a Comment