Monday, January 21, 2013

The Freelancer's Lottery


Last week was successful in some ways, not so much in others.

I did get another Chicken Soup for the Soul story submitted. Writing these stories always brings a sense of accomplishment to me. Some are therapeutic, like getting through grief. I have a few more ideas for other calls for submissions and will work on them over the coming weeks.

I’d hoped to get another query or two completed and submitted. I managed the basics, an accomplishment in my eyes. The best part of the week was free advice. I love free advice especially when it comes from someone whose career I’ve followed and supported.

I’ve bought her books and used a lot of the information she’s given to freelancers over the years.

Last year I spent money on a freelancing class. It was a good course and after having been out of writing for a few years, due to health issues, new baby and adjusting to being a mother later in life, I felt I needed a refresher course. You know, just in case things have changed. *things change all the time*

Eight weeks I went through the course. I did get some useful advice that I’ve used. BUT one email last week and I received more information than I did in the eight week course.

That is priceless as far as I’m concerned. I hit the freelancer’s lottery last week. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment