Monday, March 10, 2014

Road Trip and Giving Up What We Love Temporarily


I’m ready for a road trip. At this time of the year hubby and I normally travel up to New Hampshire/Maine. We stay on the NH side of the border, but spent time at the outlets in Maine. We love the quaint Main Street of Portsmouth. We love visiting the little shops, cozy restaurants and the friendly atmosphere.

And then there are the outlets. Everyone needs a healthy dose of retail therapy. I’ve been working 2 jobs because my eldest is getting married this summer. On top of two full time jobs I continue my writing career. I’m not taking on as much work as I could because of the jobs, but after April 30th that will change. I’ll leave one job and return to a heavier schedule on writing.

I miss writing as much as I used to, it’s one of those things in my blood. But having the money for the wedding takes priority. Family comes first.

It’s amazing how we as parents put others needs first before our own. For me it’s just a natural instinct.

Have you given up something you love or placed it on the backburner for your family? If so how did you feel?

I ask because I’m proposing an article to a magazine.

Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment