Monday, December 24, 2012

Pay It Forward


Why does it take a tragedy for people to come together and do something nice? Why can’t we do it all year long?

I try to do little things here and there. Like when in the drive thru at Dunkin Donuts I’ll pay for the person behind me, let that person stuck in traffic who won’t let them go, go ahead of you or hold the door for an elderly person even if I’m in a rush and have wait an extra minute for them. I think being nice shouldn’t have to be planned.

The problem is a lot of this generation is a ME, ME, ME generation. The kids are spoiled, mine included, but I teach them to respect others. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

To me it’s just a common decency.

So on this Christmas Eve when you’re running around stressed stop and smell the roses. Do something nice, not just because of a horrible tragedy but because it feels good.

My heart goes out to all the family and friends affected by the tragedy. I can only imagine their pain.

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment