Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas


Since I was a little kid I’ve always woken up extremely early on Christmas. I remember as a kid taking all the Christmas presents and making piles for my mom and dad, while they slept. I can only imagine them just crawling into bed totally exhausted and praying for a few hours’ sleep.

I did let them sleep. I waited patiently for them to wake up. I didn’t try to wake them up. To this day I’m not sure why. I’d play with the toys Santa left and I was happy. Being an only child I didn’t have to share anything. :o)

When I had children I expected them to be the same way. Nope. They’re sleepers. I had to wake them up on Christmas morning. I’d wait until 6 or 7, but that’s it. I was more excited than them I guess. LOL

So this morning as I sit in my sunroom, with the fireplace glowing and the Christmas lights on…I eagerly await the time I can go wake up the household. I’ll let the little one sleep. She has a busy day ahead of herself.

There are so many things to be thankful for and for me, it’s my family. I’m truly blessed.

 Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment