Thursday, July 25, 2013

RSVP - What does it mean to you?


Growing up my parents stressed the importance of RSVP’ing. They instilled the significance of letting the party host know whether or not you’ll be a guest at their event.

When I moved from New York to Rhode Island I found a different meaning. Here, many I know only RSVP if they’re attending.

I can see both sides of this. If no RSVP, they aren’t coming.

The one issue I’ve noticed? People not RSVP’ing, but showing up anyway. Depending on the event that can be a bit rude. Now, I’ve never witnessed this with a wedding, but I have seen it with a social gathering where plated food is paid for prior to the day.

I’m curious do you RSVP regardless if you’re attending or not? Inquiring minds want to know! J

No comments:

Post a Comment