Friday, May 17, 2013

Stressful Week


One thing I didn’t plan for in May is a sick child…yet I’ve been dealing with one all week. The little one has had one of the worst colds. Saying she’s cranky is putting it mildly. Getting any work done, even with daycare has been a challenge.

Yesterday was the first day all week she showed some signs of returning to her normal happy self. There’s a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. LOL

All joking aside, it’s difficult when your child is sick and there’s not much you can do. Sure, I help clear her nose with saline. Hubby put the humidifier in her room to assist with her breathing at night, but that’s the extent of what we can do. She’ll be two in July and the doctor’s don’t recommend any medications and I’m okay with that.

Instead I watch her on the monitor at midnight when she’s coughing. I crawl out of bed at four when she starts up again, so she doesn’t wake the hubby. I’m not sleeping, but that’s what mother’s do. Once she’s better I’ll sleep…until then I’m a tad cranky too.

On a happy note I received an email yesterday that my story – Your Marriage is Killing You has made the finals. It will be published in the Lemons to Lemonade Chicken Soup for the Soul book. I’m very excited to have another story out. Look for it in August!
On an even happier note - It's Friday!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment