Thursday, April 18, 2013

General Hospital and Plastic Surgery


Growing up I would run home from school every day to watch General Hospital. Over the last twenty-five years while raising kids I’ve tuned in, sometimes regularly, sometimes not. The beauty of soap operas is you can miss a year and still know what’s going on…that’s the downfall too. They drag out story lines for way too long.

As the 50th anniversary approached there was quite the hype about returning stars. I looked forward to seeing old faces, so for two weeks I recorded the show. I realize Hollywood makes a big deal about actors and actresses getting older, but damn, some of these actresses have had too much plastic surgery done.

I don’t get it.

Why would you want to go under the knife to the point you can barely smile? Or that you look like you’re permanently smiling? Have they not seen what’s happened to other actors?

Why can’t we allow people to age gracefully? Why do we insist they need to fix themselves to look ten, twenty years younger?

I know for me the fear of looking like a plastic scary doll isn’t an option. I personally couldn’t get the work done that these Hollywood types are.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment