Monday, April 15, 2013

Five Year Limit


A few weeks ago the hubby and I were watching a Dateline or one of those shows about a woman who after almost ten years of marriage, her husband is arrested and convicted of rape and murder. The woman didn’t believe her husband was guilty.

Fueled by her rage over the conviction, she set out to prove his innocence. It took her twelve long years, but she did it. She found the true killer and her husband was set free. When he was released from prison it was a joyous reunion for them.

Sadly, they divorced eight months later.

My husband was commenting about how wrong that was. Here’s my take.

People change. Twelve years is a long time to be apart. I told DH five years is a long time. He looked at me appalled.

The brutal facts are people change. They must if they’re to grow. Would I leave my husband if he went away for five or more years? I’d like to say I wouldn’t, but the honest truth is I’m not sure. I love him with all my heart. I just know people change.

So what are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment